- Largest deficit cuts in history by 2014
- Cut the deficit by $4 trillion over the next 10 years
- Stabilize the debt and maintain a debt ratio to 60 percent of GDP by 2024
- Return to 2008 spending levels by 2013
- Reduce the deficit to 2.3 percent of GDP in 4 years
- Reduce the size of government
- Achieve deficit reduction with 2/3 spending cuts, 1/3 tax reform
Everything must be on the table:
- Discretionary Spending Cuts – both security and non-security
- Tax Reform
- Entitlement Reform
- Other Mandatory Policies
- Process Reforms
2010 Blue Dog Blueprint for Fiscal Reform
WASHINGTON – Representatives from the Blue Dog Coalition sent a letter to House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Paul Ryan and Ranking Member Sander Levin, asking for a hearing to discuss the future of the Highway Trust Fund and emphasizing the importance of investing in our roads, bridges and transit systems.
WASHINGTON – Members of the Blue Dog Coalition formerly welcomed Representative Filemon Vela (TX-34) into the Coalition today. Representative Vela has represented the 34th District of Texas since 2013.