- Largest deficit cuts in history by 2014
- Cut the deficit by $4 trillion over the next 10 years
- Stabilize the debt and maintain a debt ratio to 60 percent of GDP by 2024
- Return to 2008 spending levels by 2013
- Reduce the deficit to 2.3 percent of GDP in 4 years
- Reduce the size of government
- Achieve deficit reduction with 2/3 spending cuts, 1/3 tax reform
Everything must be on the table:
- Discretionary Spending Cuts – both security and non-security
- Tax Reform
- Entitlement Reform
- Other Mandatory Policies
- Process Reforms
2010 Blue Dog Blueprint for Fiscal Reform
WASHINGTON—Today, the fiscally-responsible Blue Dog Coalition announced its endorsement of H.R. 5226, Funding Deadline Enforcement Act, which would force Congress to pass all appropriations bills on time instead of relying on temporary Continuing Resolutions (CRs). Specifically, the bill would prevent House and Senate members from using official Congressional funds to travel if they miss the annual October 1 deadline to send all appropriations bills to the President’s desk for a signature.
WASHINGTON—Today, the Co-Chairs of the Blue Dog Task Force on Fiscal Responsibility and Government Reform—Reps. Ben McAdams (UT-04) and Ed Case (HI-01)—issued the following statement in response to House Budget Committee Chairman John Yarmuth’s comments regarding the 2020 budget:
WASHINGTON—Today, the fiscally-responsible Blue Dog Coalition has announced its endorsement of H.R. 5211, Sustainable Budget Act of 2019, which would create a fiscal commission with the goal of achieving a balanced budget within a decade. The bill was introduced in the House of Representatives by Rep. Ed Case (HI-01), Co-Chair of the Blue Dog Task Force on Fiscal Responsibility, and Republican Congressman Steve Womack (AR-03).
WASHINGTON—Today, the fiscally-responsible Blue Dog Coalition has announced its endorsement of H.R. 4907, Time to Rescue United States’ Trusts (TRUST) Act, which would create congressional committees specifically tasked to develop legislation to restore and strengthen endangered federal trust funds.