Support for the Blue Dogs
Support for the Blue Dog endorsement of Bipartisan Simpson-Bowles Amendment
The bipartisan Simpson-Bowles Amendment, offered by Blue Dog Co-chairs Reps. Cooper and Schrader, would add a finding supporting the President’s use of the Simpson-Bowles framework as the basis for his budget submission to Congress. The framework calls for a comprehensive approach to reducing our nation’s long-term debt and deficits.
- Statement From Simpson and Bowles on Amendment Proposed by Reps. Schrader, Wolf, Cooper, and Gibson
- Concord Coalition Applauds Bipartisan Budget Amendment
- Republican Main Street Partnership Praises Bipartisan Deficit Reduction Plan
- Fix the Debt: Budget Bipartisanship, is that you?
Support for the Blue Dog endorsement of the Balanced Budget Amendment
"We applaud the Blue Dog coalition for taking an important stand in support of the balanced budget amendment. For over a decade this responsible measure has enjoyed bipartisan support and the Blue Dogs today honor the tradition of bipartisanship for the good of our country's economic health. It is increasingly important these days that our government signal to the global markets a unerring commitment to measures that will stabilize markets.”
- John Tanner, Board Member of Center Forward
Support for the Blue Dog No Budget, No Pay Act, H.R. 3643
This bill would require Congress to pass a full budget on time before Members of Congress could get paid
“The Blue Dog coalition has a long record of backing sensible bipartisan reforms, particularly on issues of fiscal accountability. The No Budget, No Pay Act is just this kind of reform. We welcome their leadership and their support for practical proposals addressing the gridlock and hyperpartisanship in Congress that put our fiscal future at risk.”
- Bill Galston, Co-Founder of No Labels, a group of Republicans, Democrats and Independents who want our government to work again. Click here to read the full statement.
Support for the Blue Dog endorsement of the "Freedom to Invest Act of 2011"
- Click here to see support for Blue Dog efforts to boost the economy and bring private investments back to the U.S.
Support for the Blue Dog Small Business Package
- Letter of support from the National Association of Realtors for bills included in the Blue Dog Small Business Package
Support for the Blue Dog Benchmarks for Fiscal Reform
- News Release: Bowles, Simpson offer support for Blue Dog benchmarks for reform
- Statement: Hon. David M. Walker, for U.S. Comptroller General on Blue Dog Benchmarks for Fiscal Reform
- News Release: Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget on the Blue Dog Benchmarks
- News Release: CONCORD COALITION COMMENDS BLUE DOG DEMOCRATS FOR ENGAGEMENT IN COMPREHENSIVE BUDGET REFORM
- Bipartisan Policy Center: Statement by Steve Bell on the House Blue Dog Coalition’s New Debt Stabilization Principles
- News Release: Blue Dog Research Forum Applauds Benchmarks for Fiscal Reform Announced by Congressional Blue Dog Coalition
Support for the Blue Dog endorsement of the NAT GAS Act of 2011